“The greatest joy is to become a mother, the second greatest is to be a midwife”
I am based in Cannon Rocks and cover the areas of Kenton-on-Sea, Alexandria, Port Alfred, Grahamstown and surrounds in the Eastern Cape in South Africa.
Click here, to view on Google Maps where this is.
I am a private midwife, and I see low risk pregnant couples and new parents with babies and children.
I am working from my home-based clinic in Cannon Rocks and consult in Port Alfred as well as in Grahamstown. You can read more on the different areas under services.
Among other things, I believe that a couple is pregnant and not just the woman. Pregnancy and birth affects both parties. As mentioned, I care for low risk pregnant couples from beginning of their pregnancy and then also throughout the baby’s life to toddler-hood and childhood at the baby clinic.
As a private independent midwife, I am not employed by any hospital or other medical care provider. I work independently in my own private midwifery and baby practice. I do however, work with and refer to doctors and hospitals when necessary.
I am passionate about pregnancy, birth, babies, parenting and breastfeeding. Being a international board certified lactation consultant, I often see and talk to parents for breastfeeding consultations, be it in the for the few days after birth to get and keep breastfeeding on the right track, helping to solve any breastfeeding problems or dealing with all questions and concerns when going back to work
I feel blessed to be able to meet so many people in such a special time in their lives, and to share in the joys of pregnancy, birth and parenting.
Facebook: Sister Ingrid- care with a gentle touch
Click here and become a member of my Sister Ingrid Facebook page.
GENTLE PREGNANCY SERVICES
- Antenatal Education Classes
- Pregnancy check-ups, and/or alternating between myself and your doctor
- Breastfeeding Education classes
GENTLE BIRTHING SERVICES
- Home birth
- Water birth
- TENS hire
- Birth-pool hire
- Birth-stool hire
GENTLE POSTNATAL SERVICES
- Postnatal home visits/ support
- Discovery Homecare postnatal follow-up
- Moms support group
- Breastfeeding support group
- Home phototherapy for babies
- Breastfeeding consultations- home or clinic
- Baby Clinic for all vaccinations and advice and support
- 6 week postnatal check-up
- Pap smears for women of all ages
- CPR workshop for parents/nannies
- baby massage workshop
- Sr Ingrid’s ‘Groen Organies’ – organic preggy mommy and baby massage oils
- Booby beanies
- Baby tagglets
- Breastfeeding T-shirts
- MyMym breastfeeding covers
Visit the online store and order your goodies