When in labour, one of the best things you can do is to remain upright and to use gravity to your advantage. This allows the baby to move deeper into the pelvis and helps for a shorter 1st stage of labour.
To be able to use gravity for the actual birth is also beneficial as it help to keep the baby in moving in a downwards direction. The birthstool can do excactally that. It also helps you to remain in an upright position and to help maximizes pelvic diameters for an easier birth.
How to hire the birth stool
- Once you have decided that you would like to hire the birth-stool, contact me, so that I can send you the relevant documentation
- A completed reservation form and refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation
- Stool hire is for a period of 2 weeks from 38 to 40 weeks and can be extended if baby is late
- The remaining balance of the rental of the birthing stool is required before or on the collecting date at 38 weeks.
- Birthing-stool is hired out to mothers in this area (Alexandria, Kenton-on-Sea, Port Alfred, Grahamstown and surrounds), who can collect and deliver back after the birth.