Pregnancy check-ups are very important. This is the time when you can ask all those questions about yourself, pregnancy and your baby. You will get a complete physical check-up to make sure all is in order with you and you baby. I will listen to your baby’s heartbeat by a fetal doppler, which allows you to hear it as well. If you have other children you are most welcome to bring them along as it provides a time where they can also start to bond with their new brother or sister.
At the end of this session I like to do Belly mapping. This is where I draw your baby in the position he is currently in, on your abdomen. This allows you to go home and show other family members and friends, your baby. At any point, it abnormalities are detected, I will refer you back to your doctor.
Your doctor out of town?
Should you have your doctor out of town (East London or Port Elizabeth), you have the option to alternate your regular pregnancy checks between your doctor and myself, especially in the last trimester, where the visits become 2 weekly and the weekly occurrence.
Pregnancy should be the most wonderful time in your life. You have created a new life, where one life is growing inside another. It truely is a miracle! It is however, sometimes also a very stressful time. A time were there are so many questions regarding your pragnancy, birth and baby.
Antenatal education classes deal with all these questions and concerns. These classes are for all expectant parents wishing to empower themselves with knowledge regarding their pregnancy, their birth experience and the immediate post partum period.They help to prepare you for your big day. Contrary to popular believe, Childbirth classes are not only for couples who plan a normal birth. It is also very useful for the cesarean birth couples, as there are many different topics to be discussed.
The classes combine a fun-filled time with important information gained at the same time. It is often a place were one makes new friend who are also pregnant and deal with the same difficulties than you.
Topics might include:
- The wonder of your pregnant body
- Pregnancy niggles and abnormalities
- How labour starts
- Pain relief options
- Labour and the birthing process
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Stem cell banking
- Kangaroo-mother care
- Delayed cord cutting
- Assisted birth
- Ceserean birth
- Breastfeeding- to get it right from day 1
- Going home with your baby and lots more…
- In the convenience of your own home or at my studio in Cannon Rocks
- On a time that suits you
- Individualized and personal care, so that classes can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
- Cannon Rocks group classes
- Grahamstown group classes
- Allows for good discussions and socialization
- Make new friends
- Build-up of peer support
Cost and medical aids?
- Contact me for more information and costs for various options
- Most medical aids to cover the classes. It is your responsibility however, to get all details from your medical aid. I do require payment upfront. You will then need to claim back yourself at the end of the classes.
How to book?
- For more information, click here
- Phone or e-mail me
- If dates are set, deposit will be required.
‘Pink or blue’ detects the sex of a baby by characterizing minute quantities of foetal cellular material, which is released into the maternal bloodstream as part of normal foetal development. The analysis uses advanced molecular detection systems; it is safe, accurate, non-invasive and requires only a maternal blood sample. The extreme sensitivity of the test allows gender detection from as early as the 8th week of pregnancy.
Pink or blue gender testing is a new service, where I have a consultation with the mother, fill out a form and then pull some of the mothers blood. This is the send away to a special laboratory.
- From 8 weeks of pregnancy
- Simple blood test from mom
- non-invasive to baby
- results available from 4-5 working days
- The advantage of the Pink or Blue test is that not only is it available much sooner, but it is also usually more accurate than ultrasound, which depends largely on the technician’s skill and the position a baby is in at a particular time.
How to book for the test?
- You need to book an appointment with me.
For more information, please see www.dnalysis.co.za
All pregnancy check-ups and or any individual consultations, can be scheduled at your home. This allows for a personilized, one-on-one consultation in the confeniance of your own home.
What is the cost?
For costing, you need to contact me as it all depends on where you live and how far I need to drive to get to you.